Oil Filter Question

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Filter Question
From: Nels Anderson <nels@flightsim.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:32:50 -0500
Now that it finally feels like spring here it's time to get the TD ready
for the road, so I started on my first oil change...and I'm stuck.

According to the manuals I have I have to insert a rubber gasket when I
reinstall the oil filter. But where exactly? When I removed the old one
I cannot find any evidence of an old rubber gasket (which I know I'm
supposed to remove...). And to confuse things, the replacement filter
came with two gaskets...why?

The car in question is a 1953 TD. The filter type is Moss part 435-350
(box also says 8G683, "Filter, Oil, Felt").

Oil changes ought to be easy :-)  Any help would be appreciated.