Re: TD rear axle

To: duvallcom@sbcglobal.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD rear axle
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:07:09 EST
In a message dated 3/16/03 14:50:41 Pacific Standard Time,
duvallcom@sbcglobal.net writes:

<< Is there something I can check and fix on my own? Or do I pull the axle and
 drag it down to my local MG mechanic? I read the manual and it seems unlike
 a do-it-yourself proposition. >>

Mike, sounds like you broke an axle.....not uncommon if you pop the clutch.
Skip Kelsey has stronger axles....after you jack up the rear end, it should
become obvious which side broke.  Pull the hub and if you are luck it broke
at the outer end and you can fish out the inner piece with a piece of stiff
wire with a loop on it.   Not that big a deal!
Terry