TD Color Hints

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Color Hints
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 06:13:45 EST
In a recent thread I mentioned that I found my original color for my '52 TD
under the brass commission plate.  It was Ivory.  I also found some green
paint under the numerous coats on the radiator grill slats.  Thus, I've
always assumed Ivory car w/green interior.

Also under the commission plate were the letters "LHD".  These letters were
hand written with what appeared to be a crayon, but was probably some kind of
paint pen.

Here is today's question:

Could this LHD indicator been put on the car as it went down the assembly
line, to indicate that a "green" radiator grill assembly should be put on
this car and that it was intended to be a "left-hand drive" (LHD) model?

Did anybody else come across this kind of mark during their restoration?