Re: TD Choke Cable

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD Choke Cable
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 19:37:55 -0700
Bill:

PS, it helps to push the throttle down before pulling the "choke" control.  This
relieves the "choke" linkage from also having to cam the throttle open.

Listers:

What is a better term than "choke" which it isn't?  I've read "strangler" but it
isn't that either.  The owners manual says "mixture control", but the jet
adjusting nut is really that.  And "mixture control" is too many words and
syllables.  Any suggestions?

Even the Japanese don't have it right.  My 240 Z's "choke" handle has a choke
butterfly engraved on it!

Blake