AW: Solid copper head gaskets

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>
Subject: AW: Solid copper head gaskets
From: "Gerhard Maier" <m.g.erhard@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:39:06 +0200
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Terry,
I always use a propane torch to anneal head gaskets, but I think
it is the size of the burner which makes the difference.
Therefore I have a propane torch as the roof insulating people use it,
which gives a bigger flame.
The main problem is to quench the gasket in cold water,
as it bends so easy when it is cherry hot.
So I put a plate of asbestos on the floor in the yard,
make the gasket cherry hot on that asbestos plate,
and then pour a bucket of water over the whole.

Gerhard Maier