Solid copper head gaskets

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Solid copper head gaskets
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:19:07 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gents, I've been advised by more than a few not to use the composit head
gasket but to anneal the solid copper gasket that I have....and use plenty of
copper coat.....ok, I hit the gasket 6 times with my propane torch but it had
little effect.  I then switched to MAP gas and have it 4 times with that but
still
little effect.  Don Martine sez it must be limp before use........I don't
have oxy-acel, so what do I do??  I don't want to melt it by have someone else
hit it with oxy-acel.......at the Gasket Works web site they are now saying
that
they are not sure solid coppers need to be annealed at all if you use their
Help!
Terry in Oakland