SV: J2, F2, L2 Hood Specs?

To: "'Nowlan, Chris'" <cnowlan@mossmotors.com>, "'MG-MMM'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: SV: J2, F2, L2 Hood Specs?
From: "bispmotala" <bispmotala@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:25:38 +0200
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Chris

Not a lot of info from the list.

I have tried to research this area when restoring my L2. Pictures from the
period are very few, it appears that hoods were an evil rather than a
comfort thing.

I rather suspect that they varied in appearance depending on who put the
body together and also that the fit would be rather not-perfect in cases.

I found out that the rear window was rectangular not D shaped on J2 and L2s,
don't know about Fs. My informant has had his J2 since 1957 and he replaced
the original hood with a new made to the same spec then.

Contact me off list if you want me to take some photos.

All the best

Sven
L2039