RE: Fitting of Left hand (Passenger's) Rear View Mirror on P-TypeHi Al

To: "'lawrie'" <lawrie@britcars.com>, "'Chris Bucknell'" <c.bucknell@bigpond.com>, "'MMM Group'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fitting of Left hand (Passenger's) Rear View Mirror on P-TypeHi All,
From: "Gill.Morbey" <gd.morbey@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 07:55:29 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear All

It's possible to obtain a left-handed arm from the usual UK and other
suppliers to carry the rectangular mirror.  This can be fitted to the LHS of
the windscreen frame by tapping two threads into the frame.

Normally, the mirror arms are mounted so that they angled in a forward
direction.

However, when I fitted a passenger's side mirror on my PA I was advised to
use a RHS arm and fit it upside down, so that it was angled in a rearward
direction. Reason? So that the driver could actually SEE the mirror!!  (Try
it - the sight lines are otherwise a bit tricky.)

I followed this advice, and all was well until I fitted a hood and
sidescreens one day.  Then I found that I could not open the passenger's
side door without fouling the rearward-angled mirror.  So I reverted to Plan
A and replaced the arm with a forward-angled one, and all was well - and
with a bit of effort you can see the mirror.

Hope this helps

Dick Morbey
PA/B 0743