J2, F2, L2 Hood Specs?

To: "MG-MMM" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: J2, F2, L2 Hood Specs?
From: "Nowlan, Chris" <cnowlan@mossmotors.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:24:22 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Guys,

        Since the weather here in New Hampshire seems far less
predictable than California, I guess it time to get serious out getting
a hood made.  Does anyone out there have any accurate specs on these
hoods?  I do have some excellent info and full size tracings of the side
curtains thanks to Rod Ptak and have the frames but really could use
accurate specs on the rear window and dimensions on the hood straps
which would establish position of the top frame.  I realize that the
rear window is D-shaped and have a few period photos in my collection of
pubs. but nothing really decent from the rear.
Is the PA-PB two seater rear window the same?

        Does anyone have a source for a truly vintage style hood
material in dark red?  Hartz Stayfast Acrylic hood material is available
in red but I would prefer something in 100% cotton to insure that it
fads like crazy and leaks as it should!

Cheers,

Chris