RE: Parts interchangeability

To: "'DSBonar@aol.com'" <DSBonar@aol.com>, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Parts interchangeability
From: "Nowlan, Chris" <cnowlan@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:47:22 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Guys,

        I was employed as product development manager at Moss from 1975
until last March.  I've since been retained as a "consultant" and never
actually moved out of my office.
        I've been a lifelong MG enthusiast, particularly MMM cars. I bought
a J4 in 71 and a K3 a few years later but both were on behalf of Jerry
Goguen whom I was employed with from '68-75.
        I now have a very nice swept wing J2, an L2 under restoration and a
well known 48 TC.
        The tech department here doesn't bother me with obscure pre war MG
questions as it cuts into my "official responsibilities" for the company.
        I am happy to personally answer what I can but the
interchangeability for P types is limited.  The short list is door locks &
strikers, outside door handles, bonnet handles and latch mechanism, radiator
medallions, rad cap, brass base fuel pump, tie rods ends, ign coil wire
wheel knockoffs, spare wheel knockoff and front hubs. Some other bits like
rear hubs, TC horns, rear view mirrors, wiper motors and wiper gear, park
lamp lens etc are very similar and work in a pinch.

Cheers,

Chris Nowlan
Product Development
Moss Motors, Ltd.