Re: FW: Engine # 1528A135P

To: Lew Palmer <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Engine # 1528A135P
From: Jack and Sherri Hardy <jnshardy@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:35:47 -0800
Cc: MMM List <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Lew/MMM list,

I have a similar situation; my 1934, 4 seater, PA#1875 has it's original
engine 2186AP, a double breather block. Bores are 60.5mm (original?)
pistons were stamped 0.020. Some early (1949) correspondence (all I have
is the factory's response) with the factory by the then owner in USA
seems to be asking if there was a different "motor" for America having
larger bore and 1 1/8" carbs. Factory was puzzled at how the block could
be bored out that much and recommended going back to 1" carbs to cure
his "spitting back" problem. Also suggested checking the valve timing.

I know this does not answer your question, but I was glad to hear
someone else has similar questions. I'm wondering if there was a
possibility that some cars got special (undocumented) treatment by the
factory?

Jack