RE: FW: Engine # 1528A135P

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: FW: Engine # 1528A135P
From: "Nick Wright" <nickwright@crowood.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:21:42 -0000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
The engine of my very original 2-seater P-type (2118) is dark green and has
clearly been green for many, many years. I have had the engine completely to
pieces and there is not the slightest trace of any red anywhere (and this is
not the sort of car to have been properly repainted in the past!). I
strongly suspect that the engine was this dark green colour from new.

Just visible under the very thin green paint is a number or code stencilled
large in yellow on the side of the crank case. It is not legible but is
about three numbers/letters and an oblique. Any ideas?

Nick