Re: Engine Colors Tabulation

To: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Colors Tabulation
From: "rob thomas" <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 17:25:13 -0000
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Reminds me of a story on the Sprite/Midget list.
....Some concours competition.  Arguement going on about whether a
particular Big Healey component should be this colour or that.  Begins to
get quite 'heated' as someone leans forwards out of the crowd and says "That
may well be the correct original colour", only to be questioned as to his
qualifications to be the judge of such a serious matter.
"When they ran out of that colour they used to send a lad down to the local
shop
for any old paint that would do the job.........Oh! And that name on the
front of the car is ME"

What am I bet that the colour of a MMM engine was determined by what colour
paint was in the nearest tin?

Just a thought.