Re: Engine Colors Tabulation

To: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Colors Tabulation
From: "scarsdal" <scarsdal@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:14:04 -0000
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net

Lew, our PB was bought new by my father,(still registered & occasionally
driven by him) He specified various modifications from the factory,
including a special crank, camshaft, & a Marshal supercharger, all of which
are still on the car. When the car was collected direct from Abingdon the
engine had been painted Blue (almost Bugatti blue). When the engine was
stripped by me in '91, for a first rebuild!,I  found no trace of any other
colour although internally the block was painted with what looked like red
oxide.
            Graham Whitaker (PA, SA, & various Wolseley Hornet Specials)