RE: PA parts

To: <DSBonar@aol.com>
Subject: RE: PA parts
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 10:22:16 -0600
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don,

There are a number of parts that may be sourced in the US. However, I
doubt that anyone has put together a list. For bearings and seals, visit
your local bearing store. Bring the old part with you.

Gaskets I usually cut myself from material I get at the auto parts
stores.

Other items, I just do a search on the internet. For example, I just
found a source for the 5/32" thick wall brass pipes for the central
lubrication system. Unfortunately, they don't want to sell to me. They
want me to go through their customer "K & S Engineering". These are the
folks whose stuff you see in all the hobby shops.

Regarding straightening your cross tube. Why straighten? I would replace
with another section of pipe after removing the ends. It's a whole
easier if the bent tube is one that bolts in. But even if it's one that
is riveted to the chassis, it should be able to be replaced.

Regards,
Lew Palmer