PA Radiator questions

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: PA Radiator questions
From: DSBonar@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:34:24 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In restoring PA 1823, the radiator is headed for the shop for cleaning,
testing, etc. The condition of the top section (sorry, I don't know my
radiator nomenclature) is quite badly dented and bent. The radiator shop says
they can remove but will not attempt the repair.
Specifically, one troubling area is the filler neck area. It looks like the
radiator has been struck (or dropped upside down) and the neck forced down
into the top to form a "wrinkle" 3/4 around the circumference. Is the filler
neck bronzed/soldered on? Can I remove and straighten, then reattach? Also,
my cap is missing and shop cannot perform pressure check. Does anyone know
the thread type and size of the cap/neck? Mine is so badly mangled I can't
get a reading. Anyone got a spare cap they'd part with?
Thanks,

Don B.
PA 1823