AW: PA Radiator questions

To: <DSBonar@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: AW: PA Radiator questions
From: "Gerhard Maier" <m.g.erhard@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:33:29 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hello Don,
the "wrinkle" around the filler neck should not be to difficult to
straighten after unsoldering the threaded ring, which only is softsoldered
to the radiator. Concerning the dents in the top section, they are not easy
to reach from the filler hole, but remember the front-half later will be
hidden under the chrome.
As Terry says, a TC cap is the same, but concerning his opinion, that the
original radiators were made of many horizontal, hexagonal tubes, I am sure,
that the MMM radiators at Abingdon were of the "film-type", which means,
that long stripes of brass-sheet were shaped so, that when soldered row by
row, it gave the appearance of a hexagon honeycombe. Other companys used the
tube-system, and replacements nowadays also use it.
But the film-type had some 20% bigger surface-area for cooling.

If you cooling-net needs a replacement, dont forget to make a good pattern
of the shape of your radiator, before they take the thing apart, because I
had lots of trouble to get mine back into the chrome-shell, after repair.

Gerhard

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----