Re: K3 Fakes etc

To: "Tom Poole" <tpoole@columbus.rr.com>
Subject: Re: K3 Fakes etc
From: C Sherriff <Clives_page@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 04:25:36 -0500
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net, "Jarl or Carol de Boer" <Jarl@deboer.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Message text written by "Tom Poole"
>This one makes the most sense to me, admittedly a novice. Now I must
ponder
the question"does the blower and pre-selector on my car L-0414 make it a
fake or a special?" Oh well.
Thanks, Tom Poole<

The Vintage Sports Car Club, based just up the road from be here in the
UK at Chipping Norton, have come close enough to solving some of
these problems - Original standard cars are just that - as are cars that
have been restored to original.

Cars with certain minor modifications and developments are classed
as Specials.

Cars built of period  bits etc are Hybrids

Cars with wildly wrong bits (eg modern major components) are just not
eligible.

Competition penalties are applied in accordance wit degrees of deviation
from stsndard.

Not always easy to police but the document gives a good start point
for any organisation facing this originality problem.

Clive