Re: Superchargers

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Superchargers
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <jasper@enternet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 20:00:12 +1000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Geoff

New rods would be very desirable to complement your new crank: a broken rod
does massive damage. I found that the estimated cost of straightening, crack
detection, metalling and boring paid for about three of the new ones.

You didn't mention rockers and rocker shafts. Make very sure that the rocker
shafts have oil feed holes that line up with the valve positions. Those that
I have seen for some reason had holes that didn't match the pitch of the
valves: I made my own in the end, and had them nitrided (the old ones seemed
to be mild steel).

Lighten the flywheel and balance #everything#.

On the other hand I think I've read that with a supercharged engine bigger
valves and the associated extra weight are not necessary - perhaps others
can comment on this?

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC