Superchargers

To: "INTERNET:GRaw505@aol.com" <GRaw505@aol.com>
Subject: Superchargers
From: C Sherriff <Clives_page@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 08:05:07 -0400
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Message text written by INTERNET:GRaw505@aol.com
>I am installing a Phoenix Crank, new bearings, larger exhaust valves and
heavier valve springs all round as preparation to installing a Marshall 75
blower on my 1934 PA.  Do any members have any tips to look out for or
pitfalls to avoid?
Also, do any members have any tips on installing hydraulic brakes.  Are
there
any suitable (off the shelf) backplates that bolt on without modification
and
what are the best options for a master cylinder and how to mount it?<
Geoff

With that I hope you are fitting stronger con rods as well or all will be
in vain!

Re Hydraulics - the cable brakes can be set to lock the wheels solid anyway

so why go totally non original with Hydraulics - (thats what people used to

do in the 70s when the cars were not considered worth preserving)

Clive
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol