Re: rings rotating?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rings rotating?
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:22:50 -0700 (PDT)
"I always thought they all rotated, otherwise wouldn'y
you have a wear line up and down the cylinder where
the gap is? Heck of a good question but what is the
payoff?

mayf"

mayf, I suspect that by alternating ring end gaps
among top, second and oil control, full contact around
the cylinder wall is achieved (pinned rings) and no
unseemly wear lines should result. However, anything
is possible.

John Goodman