Re: wheel back spacing?

To: "John Goodman" <ggl205@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wheel back spacing?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:05:31 -0500
John... ya kinda got the idea I was having...

I guess what I was thinking was that the tires play so much into the
suspension systems of cars that don't have one....  then I got to thinking
about the actual air pressure most of us run out there....  My Mickey
Thompson's for example are around 80psi.... they are so firm that they don't
play into the equation as much as something that is designed to grip the
road in a corner...

Once the wheel and tire combination is bolted up... would it really matter?

Mostly it was a reasonable question that made several folks think for a
minute and once again I've done my job of making a mess of this place....
Stirring the pot is a job for all of us... if you have a tech type question
feel free to pop off with it... no one is going to poo poo your idea's....
but most of us will give it passing thought and evaluate how we go about it,
which obviously is perfect.

Keith ( fella has to do what he does best... )