Re: wheel back spacing?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wheel back spacing?
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 09:38:16 -0700 (PDT)
"For the real question... As we design our own cars...
would there be a stability advantage to placing the
Wheel centers Way on the outside of the wheel thereby
giving the hub's a greater distance between them?"

Keith, there may very well be a handling advantage by
altering wheel backspace. This would mostly have to do
with resulting track changes. My experience has been
with vehicle weight transfer when cornering. There are
some very good software out there that can help you
determine what the nature of the change would be.

John Goodman