Re: SportsCar Question Regarding Data Acquisition

To: "Dick Rasmussen" <rasmussend@mindspring.com>, <Solo@scca.org>
Subject: Re: SportsCar Question Regarding Data Acquisition
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:41:16 -0500
Dick Rasmussen wrote:

>Solo Board:
>
>I oppose a "ban" or significant restriction on use of data acquisition at
>any Solo II events in any class, but especially in Mod. I say this even
>though some of my competition may run and understand much more
>sophisticated systems than my simple recording tach and G-Cube!

<snip>

I agree completely. Leave it alone and rescind it in the classes that
already have restrictions. Data Acquisition is a good thing but it will take
some time before it is accepted, just like fuel injection versus
carburetors. Banning data acquisition is like banning any other tool, like a
timing light, a pyrometer, an air pressure gauge, or even a book - all of
which can improve your time.

Paul Foster