Re: Data Acquisition

To: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Data Acquisition
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 09:17:21 -0600
> Since G.H. has used a G-Analyst for many years in Stock, I know that he is
> well aware of what this level of data acquisition can and cannot do for a
> driver at a major event.

I think the biggest argument in trying to block data acquisition is cost
containment.  Say driver A and B run the same days in different classes, one
north one south.  That afternoon they trade videos and Geez! files.  One could
argue that they've had the equivalent of an extra run to 'see' the next days
course.  Joe average driver who doesn't have the equipment/allies feels like he
has to buy a $400 Geez! bundle and $400 camcorder/mount just to 'keep up'.  I
too wonder how they plan on enforcing the rule.  A Geez!/Palm combo would fit
under the seat and I bet someone could hide a camera in something that looks
like a radar detector.

We use both Geez! and a camcorder and would like to keep both so I'm sending an
email to Solo@scca.org saying so.
--
Jeff Cashmore
1983 Mazda Rx7 GSL = Spec Rx7