Re: Speed and Vehicle data

To: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Subject: Re: Speed and Vehicle data
From: "Wally Strzelec" <Wally@Tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 07:29:10 -0500
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>

> The database of car specs doesn't effect speed; it actually works the
> other way around.  Speed is calculated just by integrating the
> acceleration over time.  The car specs are then used to calculate back
> RPM and HP, if you should pull up the gages for these items.  So that's
> not why you are going 130 at the end of your run.

When I pull up the gages, I did not see a RPM of HP, I have been missing
some very obvious this the last couple of days thou.  Are they just named
HP.exe and RPM.exe?

> The 130mph at the end of your run is probably a result of drift in the
> turns.  This is a normal problem, and one which we have easy adjustments
> for in the software.

Gotcha.  After looking at the tips for adjusting a run, I was able to
correct the obvious.  Your explanation helped out a lot in telling me what I
was adjusting, Thanks.

Is the Driver Diary where you correlate a driver/car to a particular run?

One more question, in one of my runs, I pushed out going in a sweeper.  Had
I not know that I pushed out, I do not know if I would have been able to
identify the problem.  What are the signs to look for in the Geez Data for
pushing and oversteer?

-Wally