Re: [Roadsters] Vacuum Advance Issue?

To: graemes@internode.on.net, wattaj@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Vacuum Advance Issue?
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:24:23 -0400 (EDT)
Full-name: Keith0alan
The vacuum advance is shot but that is not the source of your stumble. That
 is the classic symptom of being a little lean. Richen up your carbs a
little. If  you have SUs then about a quarter to half turn on the mixture knob
on the  bottom. If Solex then one step smaller air or one step bigger main.
Try the air  first.

The vacuum advance has been around a lot longer than emission concerns. It
is a performance item and the car will run better with it working.

keithw

In a message dated 6/12/2013 8:11:22 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,