[Roadsters] oil pressure gauge woes, Equus kit

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <vociferouschicanery@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Roadsters] oil pressure gauge woes, Equus kit
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS)" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:06:24 -0600
Re: messages shown below:
Steve,
I bought the Equus triple gauge kit when my temp gauge went south, and
never installed the Oil Pres gauge, cause mine was working and I wasn't
going to risk opening up the pressure/lube system when it wasn't broken
to begin with.
I still have all the parts (adaptors) provided.  (note: they had one for
the U-20 temp gauge outlet, and while it might be because that one was
larger, all the pcs had the thread size stamped on the outside, very
nice feature)

All the remaining pcs are free for the taking.  PM me with an address
and I'll send you the whole bag of adaptors AND those bullet mirrors we
have been talking about for, of, 2 years or so.  (cause the 35 miles
between our abodes seems to be like the Continental Divide!)

Fergus O

From: steven boortz <vociferouschicanery@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Roadsters] oil pressure guage woes

<<  the 1/8 NPT compression fitting that would go into the adapter won't
go into the  block either.  i cannot tell by holding them together,
whether the threads on the original sender are closer to the 1/8 NPT or
1/8 BPST, they are that close.   Steve   675MIZU >>

<<  Easiest deal is to go to a local auto parts place and get the bag of
adapters from Equus. I couldn't find it on the Equus site, but I got
mine at the local O'Reilly's for under $10. One of them screws right in.
Ron >>

http://www.team.net/archive