[Roadsters] Starting Issue

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Starting Issue
From: Bill Cole <datrock@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:31:10 -0800
 Hi, I need some help on an electrical issue...A friend of mine that
owns a 68 spl with a GB Dizzy installed in it for about 3 years has the
startup problem. Just recently the car started to have the start up
problem, the engine cranks over but does not fire while the key is in
the start position and once you release the key from the start position
the engine will fire up.
     Has anyone else experienced this problem when installing their EI
Dizzy or when the ignition switch went out. I installed the dizzy for
him a few years back and everything worked fine until recently. I'm
hoping that some how someone unhooked a wire then accidently hooked the
"On" ignition wire to the ballast resistor instead of the "Start" wire,
as to where its not getting the start up voltage it needs with the key
in the start position.  Bill

http://www.team.net/archive