[Roadsters] Fender removal results

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Fender removal results
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 7:26:01 -0800
Thanks to all who offered advise last weekend. I ended up drilling out both of
the bolts that are closest to the windscreen. No worries there as this is
pretty much the worst issue I have/found...

Both A-pillars are sound and just about rust free----woooohooo! The driver's
side has one small (about the size of a quarter) rust hole up towards the top
of the inner fender. The passenger side rocker arm (the tapered part) has a
couple holes, also about quarter sized but they are far enough away from the
bolt holes that I can cut out bad and replace with new without affecting the
bolt holes. And there is also a hole in that angled channel just forward of the
A-pillar. What is the function of this angled channel? I got a fair amount of
loose debris out of the hole in the bottom of this spot. It looked mostly like
rust but the metal is sound along this whole channel so I do not know where
that rusty debris could have come from.

All in all, considering that this car was a daily driver for almost 20 years
including three in England where they salt the roads and also dozens of trips
to Tahoe to go skiing, This part of the car was in great shape!

Let the rolling resto begin!!

Now if I could only get my new carbs.

Tim
Dairyland Datsuns.