Re: [Roadsters] Tuner/CD player Vertical mount?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Tuner/CD player Vertical mount?
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:27:53 -0600
I completely forgot about using an iPod, and I have an 80 gig model with
4500 songs on it. I've used a couple of gadgets with the iPod in our '05
Accord that generate a low power FM signal, but neither worked worth a flip.
You really need a unit with an iPod interface or a 1/8 inch stereo line
level input. Theoretically you can use any iPod, MP3 player, etc, without a
head unit to drive a power amp and speakers, but you'd probably want an amp
with adjustable input levels.

And the closer to you ears you can get the speakers the better. I've got a
pair of Miata seats with speakers in the headrest that'll end up in either
the roadster or more likely one of the 510s. I'll replace the OEM speakers
with quality full range 5 inch or so round units and probably add a sub.

FWIW,
Ron