Re: [Roadsters] Tuner/CD player Vertical mount?

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Tuner/CD player Vertical mount?
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:42:40 -0800
When I first purchased Mr. Hyde in 2003 I looked into this question and
found I could purchase a radio/disk player that held the disk in a cartridge
and would mount vertically.  The cost was about $360 at that time.  I don't
know if they make one today, but I also found out that it will not fit the
original high windshield roadster console because the standard dimension of
modern car radios is too wide to allow fitting into the console.  The
console is just not that high.  And with the need to clear the heater and
tunnel it might not fit anyway.  To be honest I am looking at my spare dash
and would like to severely modify it one of these days so it holds the radio
where the clock is now.  I really don't like putting radios in the glove
box, or under the glove box (where mine is now).  If I find the time I may
try to make a new dash from the spare dash in the garage.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde