Re: [Roadsters] Ongoing suspension issues--pay it forward???

To: "Tim" <tputland@charter.net>, "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Ongoing suspension issues--pay it forward???
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 20:07:54 -0500
Tim,

Some aftermarket front shocks, like Konis, will not fit through the stock
opening in the lower plate.  When I bought the Konis for my car years ago,
the recommended installation procedure was to carefully grind out the
opening, being careful not to encroach on the three bolt holes, and insert
the shocks that way.  I conclude that a slightly out-of-round opening is not
a problem.

(By-the-way, I opted to carefully un-bolt the lower A-arms at the frame, and
put the Konis in that way.  Didn't even mess up the alignment settings.)

Gary