Re: [Roadsters] Clutch Question

To: "'Jim Gammon'" <gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Clutch Question
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:58:20 -0500
Jim, Where in New Jersey?? I'm in Kenilworth, North Jersey.  DOT 4 is
correct if it had DOT 3 or 4 in it.  I don't know what happens if it had
DOT5 and DOT 4 is added. If oil got into it, then what you are describing is
exactly what happens, all the seals swell to almost double size.

 Easy test, if you can push the pedal with the bleeder screw loosened and
fluid comes out, master is working and easy guess is the slave is likley
siezed. Doubt the clutch itself is hung up.  I found a source for
inexpensive slave cylinders if you need, if it's the master I probably have
a spare.

My cell is 908-591-9892, give a call if I can be of any help

Dave Brisco
ECR