Re: [Roadsters] Clutch Question

To: Datsun roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Clutch Question
From: Jim Gammon <gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:34:01 -0800 (PST)
HHHEEEYYYYYY! Yes!

  It was a sticky slave cylinder. I fortunately had a spare (packrat that I am)

  I just took her around the block!

  The clutch needs adjusting, the brakes are soft, and the idle too high.

  I am higher!!

  Little stuff now, like finding the shifter knob, a major cleaning and putting
in shorter carb springs (I guessed wrong, it seems.

  Nothing like grinding the crank, reassembling the entire engine, trany etc. A
bigger job than I thought at first. I never re-did an entire engine by myself
before.

  I did all the work myself, except what took a machine shop. The only thing I
didn't put in was the jackshaft bearings, the machine shop wanted to line bore
them to be sure.

  I thank many of you, members, vendors and advice givers (Craig for the bare
engine). My baby is on the way to riding this spring! No show car, but 85% of
the way there.

  Jim Gammon
  Manasquan
  NJ

  JimG

Jim Gammon <gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll remove the slave and check it out.

  Figures, I just took her off the jack stands.....

  Jim

Jim Gammon <gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I just got my 2000 1969 back together after a complete engine and trans
rebuild. 2 years, a bit of procrastinating and weather.

Today is is warm here in NJ, so I decided to do some final stuff. I started her
up, balanced the carbs, setthe timing and then went to bleed the clutch.

The pedal would not move, and won't unless I push VERY hard. It moved fine 3
weeks ago, and since it was low, I added fluid. DOT4.

Did I use the wrong fluid?

Do I need to rebuild the cylinder? I didn'ttouch the master of slave in this
rebuild.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Gammon
New Jersey