RE: Non-working temp sender (was: Teflon Tape??)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Non-working temp sender (was: Teflon Tape??)
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:15:56 -0700
When I put the thermostat in Mr. Hyde I ran into the special gasket problem
and created a short jumper wire with large inner diameter connectors to
clear the attachment bolts.  The wire itself is very short and just loops
around the gasket on the bottom side of the thermostat housing.  I have
never had any leaks or connection problems.  A short piece of thin brass
with the proper size holes on each end might be a neater solution and work
just as well if you put some anti-seize on to prevent oxidation.

All the correct gasket has is a small piece of brass pushed through the
gasket material and folded over.  It is only about 1/8" wide if I remember
correctly.  If the connection corrodes you could loose the temp gauge.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com