RE: Teflon Tape?? also need a nut size

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Teflon Tape?? also need a nut size
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:45:14 -0800
I use anti-seize compound on the threaded water fittings. On the 2000, the
temp sending unit should make good contact with the thermostat housing so I
don't use anything on that interface. The threaded collar is what holds it
in place and forces it up against the housing. If I remember right, I put a
super-thin layer of Hylomar on the bottom of the threaded collar in case any
water got past the sending unit, then I used anti-seize on the collar
threads. I also run a ground wire from the thermostat housing to the ground
stud on the alternator (easy to do on a 67 where the alternator is right
below). That way I don't have to worry about that stupid staple in the
gasket.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org