Re: 4-way flassher unit

To: bradandgayle@charter.net
Subject: Re: 4-way flassher unit
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:48:38 GMT
-- "Brad and Gayle Holmes" <bradandgayle@charter.net> wrote:

Second question, what do you all know about Royal Purple oil products? Other
than they're expensive. Eats seals, works fine, no one in their right or left
mind should use it in their roadster or only people in their right mind
should
use their products? 8 HP boost with just an oil change and no decals
required.
http://www.royalpurple.com/index.html

Well, this is not really a good scientific test, as they did not do a test
with new conventional oils in all the places they changed as a comparison.
New oil of any kind could very well result in a hp increase simply by being
new.  Not saying that synthetic or Royal Purple is not good stuff (I run
synthetics in both my Roadster and 2000 Celica GT-S), but just saying that
this article is typical "hype" that may or may not support their claims.
Greg Burrows