datsun roadster with Cobra 289 tripower setup

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: datsun roadster with Cobra 289 tripower setup
From: "Craig Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 08:39:10 -0400
I was talking with Mike G. up in Idaho yesterday and he told me about a
Fairlady he built for someone in Ramona many years ago with a 289 Cobra
engine with a tri-power setup and pipes exiting just in front of the rear
wheels. had about a half inch clearance over the carbs, didn't have to cut
the hood..had also trimmed out the flap inside the scoop and fabricated an
air box/ram air setup for it. anyone have any memories of this car? just
curious... he also told me about a 510 Baha racer they built that James
Garner ended up buying (tried to buy it before the race so he could run it
but they wouldn't sell until afterwards) said he wouldn't be surprised if
Mr. Garner still has the car. he also built the Bob Sharp race headers among
other neat stuff. used to have a custom exhaust shop in Ramona.

Craig
mostly roadsters