OT - Popular Hot Rod & Other Stuff

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: OT - Popular Hot Rod & Other Stuff
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 11:16:13 -0500
If you're really interested in learning the how, what, when and where of
power production I highly recommend getting a subscription to PHR. Sometime
in the past year I discovered that David Vizard had become a contributing
editor, with at least one article in pretty much every issue. This guy
literally wrote the book, several in fact, on making horsepower. I find his
writing style interesting and easy to understand. You can usually get a one
subscription to PHR for $12.

Other authors who are highly regarded are Des Hammill, primarily on carbs
and A. Graham Bell, who has several books on 2 and 4 stroke performance.
Corky Bell, a Datsun racer in DFW back in the day, has written several books
on turbo-charging. I used to get our first 2000 worked on at Corky's shop in
Arlington. He now has a place, Bell Engineering Group, near Canyon Lake,
north of San Antonio. I'm planning a trip down that way with the "new" 2000
now that it's finally started to cool off here.

In any case, it can't hurt to do some reading to learn how best to make
things work.

My 2 cents on a Sunday morning,
Ron