Fender Stand

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fender Stand
From: <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:58:18 -0600
Group,

I've been working on my fenders for several weeks starting with
sandblasting, sanding, cleaning, etching and applying POR-15 to the
interior surfaces. I'm now working on the exterior sanding and getting
the surface ready for the first two coats of epoxy primer.

2 years ago I build a 2 x 4 stand to store the fender in my garage
attic. It was a simple design to keep the fenders in place and to
prevent anymore dents. Since I started the restoration process on the
fenders I've found that my fender stand has been an outstanding fixture
for working on both fenders. I can screw the fender to the stand and
have it in a very secure position to do most of the work. I can also lay
the fender in many different positions and get to all of the areas that
need work.

I made a drawing of the stand showing the required materials and how to
assemble it. If anyone is interested in the drawing and seeing a few
pictures of the stand in action, let me know off-list and I'll forward
them to you.

Steve Harvey