powder coating

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: powder coating
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:15:41 -0700 (PDT)
Pete's comments regarding a dash fitting into an oven jogged my brain.

There is an esatablishment just south of Atlanta GA (in Jonesboro) called
Performance Coatings.  I met a guy at a Jaguar concours with a painfully
beautiful black XKE.  He had an MGA frame (the big frame also known as a
chassis that hold up the engine and body panels) powdercoated at Performance,
just as interesting it was done for less money than what another Atlanta
powdercoating outfit (who I know well and like) wanted just only for the prep
work.

The prep work for coating an automobile frame is no joke. It must be sterile.
Just like prepping for paint.

Call those guys with your oversized requests.  Most outfits don't have that
kind of capacity.

Eric

Yahoo! for Good