Re: Painless Wiring Harness

To: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Painless Wiring Harness
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:29:44 +0000
I know it's too little,
too late,

but I'm rewiring a similar vintage car (not Datsun)
with 'reused' parts- the best block I found in the yard
was a Nissan Stanza from the mid- 80's.
Very straightforward, 20 circuits grouped in usable blocks (ignition, battery,
acc'ys, etc) and you can actually take it apart and use parts from another
block to customize it.  A few relays can be snapped onto the side for
accessories like fog lights.  And it's compact and surface- mountable.

Yes, it's a bit of work- but 2 of 'em were $12, and if you have to dig through
the whole mess, might as well take the $2-300 sting from Painful Wiring out of
it!  And there's not too much reverse engineering, really.

Then add a bunch of assemble- it- yourself connectors from Waytek, and about 3
weeks seems right!

Toby
just started rewiring the Volvo 122 trubo...