Flywheel gear Question

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flywheel gear Question
From: "James Richards" <jmr407@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:53:43 -0400
I have a lazy man question. I have a daily 69 daily driver and a 70 1600
that I am rebuilding.  The engine from the 69 will eventually be put
into the 70. However, the 69 flywheel gear has a few bad sections where
the teeth
Are warn back about .030  I would like to continue driving the 69 while
working on the 70 and not pull the engine twice.

Bottom line: has anyone cut down the thrust washer on a starter in-order
to gain a little more reach into the flywheel. If this gains me three
months, I would be willing to sacrifice one starter nose assembly.

Any thoughts or ideas

James Richards
jmr407@mindspring.com