Re: Temp Sensor / electric fan

To: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>, "Mike H."
Subject: Re: Temp Sensor / electric fan
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:05:55 -0400
While it's a little late the best fan I ever bought was a 13.5" Spal - kicks
ass.

I too moved my rad support out slightly.

I also built a nice shroud between the grill and the rad and sealed off the
entire front end where I could, to ram air through the rad and to keep hot
air from being sucked back. Not hard to do but it takes some ingenuity and
patience. Made a big difference on the highway and speeds above 30.

Before I sell my car I'll take lotsa pics of various things I did to it and
e-mail them to those who are interested.

BTW, I ran a relay from the coil (power switch) directly to the battery
(power source) w/2 inline fuses to power the fan. The Spal sucks so much
power that on short trips and frequent stops at stores it would flatten the
battery plus you couldn't leave it on by mistake which I did once or twice
:(

Mike