Windshield/dashpad

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield/dashpad
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:02:29 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hello List,
As many of you know, I rolled out my '67-1600 for the first time in 17 years
and have "only" to mount the doors and windshield to be able to drive it on the
street. I have had the windshield on and off many times over the the years for
one reason or another. Although the frame to cowl weatherstrip can give you
fits, its really simple when you get the hang of it. However, I've not
installed it since mounting my new dash pad. The pad looks great but mounting
it requires the use of 1/2" thick plastic spacers along the bottom, that are
provided. It fits good and snug around the chrome dash trim ring, but
everywhere else it appears there is considerable space underneath the top of
the pad.
This doesn't appear to be a problem once all the attachment screws are in place
until you go to mount the windshield. Even without the weatherstrip, the pad
interferes with the windshield on the left (drivers side) end. There seems to
be much space underneath the top of the pad in this area. As the windshield
frame goes into position, it wants to push the end of the pad off the end otf
the dash even when it's screws are in place leaving a large, unsightly gap.
Anyone have experience with this problem?
Thanks,
Mike Hudson  '67-1600