RE: If you lit a match in my garage, you would blow it all to

To: "Matthew Cox" <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: If you lit a match in my garage, you would blow it all to
From: "Eric Gillis" <egillis@ceres.k12.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:59:36 -0700
Matthew-

Ditto on the carb floats, I had pinholes in mine as well.  Gushed gas and I
took off the float covers.  They looked like they were floating, but when I
tested them (shake 'em to hear gas inside) and when I checked their
'floatability' in a glass of water (yes different density than gas, not too
much diff) they sank :(  Replaced the old brass ones with the new "fiber"
plastic floats and then I am off!!  Actually I only replaced one, since the
other required too much messing with the hard overflow lines off the carb lids.
 Check the floats carefully, also I have heard that the new grose jets don't
work as well as some older versions ?  Check that out too.

Eric Gillis
69 1600 Gulf livery