RE: If you lit a match in my garage, you would blow it all to

To: "Matthew Cox" <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: If you lit a match in my garage, you would blow it all to
From: "Notebaart, Tom E \(STP\)" <Tom.Notebaart@guidant.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:11:06 -0500
Matthew, I had a similar problem with my 1600 when I lived in Tucson.  It
turned out to be pinholes in the floats.  The floats had enough gas in them to
prevent them from floating enough and closing the valve.  I drove all the way
from Tucson to Phoenix, and back again with this condition, which is not only
dangerous, but very hard on gas mileage!  I had to pull the floats and shake
them to notice the issue, as they appeared to be working while in the carbs.
Good luck!

Tom Notebaart
'69 2000
'70 1600