280zx rear calipers, scenic roadster driving

To: datsun-roadsters-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: 280zx rear calipers, scenic roadster driving
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:54:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Lino and list-

In my college and shortly thereafter years I put around 200,000 miles (total)
on an 82 and 83 280ZX.

The rear calipers are a screw in type.  My mechanic, a many years Nissan
dealership tech, said those calipers couldn't be rebuilt.  On a tight budget I
still went to NOPI (is that establishment nationwide or just Atlanta I dunno)
and bought rebuilt, sure enough I think 1 in 3 worked.  Maybe that has changed
since the early 90's.  Around 1997 he built my 83 engine, killer job, $1750.  I
guess those days are over.  He's a cranky old Infiniti tech now.

On another note I keep meaning to share this, there is a website that has
scenic twisting roads listed for every state, check out www.miatadrives.com.
You'll find yourself plotting your next roadster getaway.  If anyone knows
another site like this I'm all ears.  I bought a book called National
Geographic's The Most Scenic Drives in the USA used on ebay for like $4
recently, also groovy.  I keep meaning to write Sports Car Market and tell them
to feature reader's favorite sports car routes regularly, that being said maybe
some of the great ones are great because they are less than fully discovered. I
bet the roads used for the in Colorado Grand (rally for highbuck sports
superclassic owners) are freekin great.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Eric