RE: Help with Control Arm Spindles

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help with Control Arm Spindles
From: "Eric A. Isaacson" <eric.isaacson@jbtool.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:50:31 -0500
Dave,

All of the parts (upper spindle 54536-10600, rubber boots, bushings -
aka "washer", retaining clips, etc.), are available from Nissan except
the lower spindle.  The spindle threads should appear as new.  Always
replace the bushings.  The lower spindle threads can be repaired by a
qualified shop if worn.  H & R Classic Restorations (specializing in
Datsun Roadsters) repairs lower spindles and regularly do so on
Roadster's they restore.  Contact Hardy Kuhn for more details at
http://www.hrc-dat.com.au/.

On my 1600, one side was severely worn while the other side was well
greased and had negligible wear.  However, neither side had side to side
play (unlike my parts car, wow!).

The repair and parts cost for these items are way less than ball
joints...

Good luck,

Eric A. Isaacson
Fort Wayne, Indiana